Bare Minerals Bareskin Serum Foundation - Bare minerals is well known for their mineral powder foundation, staple to many, though i haven't used one yet!! (Shocker!) Powder foundations and me don't get along so well.
Bare Minerals have come up with their 1st liquid foundation and with a massive cult following, the hype over their latest launch came as no surprise to me. Firstly, true to name, BM products are mineral based and they take skincare into great consideration. This foundation as a build in serum that promises to reduce dark spots and brighten skin.
The product uses comparatively reduced ingredients to other foundations in the market. This also being the reason why the instructions insist on 'shaking' the bottle well before each use. Mainly because there are no chemical binders to hold the ingredients.
Moving on to the actual product and its performance. I used the recommended Bare Mineral Perfecting skin brush. This brush, yes, looks very unique. With a reservoir dent in the middle to hold the foundation drop. The application is super smooth. After a couple of use, my thoughts are somewhere in between, so i literally listed down the Yay's & Nay's for you guys to decide..
- The texture is amazingly smooth, soft and light as feather.
- Leaves a very natural look with decent coverage.
- Mineral Based.
- Gives a dewy and bright look.
- The brush is excellent. Evenly distributes the product and very soft on skin.
- No silicone and No fragrance.
- Build in serum with coconut, Jojoba, Vitamin C and Lilac plant stem extract for skin brightening and toning.
- Recommended for sensitive skin
- SPF 20
- Available in 20+ shades. Though in Dubai i think only about 12 is launching.
- Too dewy for me! I love glow but this product somehow makes my face look slightly oily.
- The 'How To Use' instructions says 1-2 drops for a natural coverage, i however had to go for almost 6 drops to get a neat coverage.
- I personally won't recommend the product for oily skin unless your ready to touch up/powder frequently.
The foundation though may not be my go to foundation, i can definitely see myself using it during days when i need slight coverage yet want to keep things simple. Give it a try before you make a purchase.
Cost $29/AED 170 approx. Available at Sephora.
Let me know your thoughts ladies.