Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Caudalie, Giorgio Armani & Kiehl's | Review Desk

Hello Angels
I decided to try a slightly different format for product review. I love the way magazines have 1 or 2 pages of quick snippet review on several products. It basically gives you a quick insight about products without having to read too much! So am gonna follow something similar but of course if the product demands detailing i will post dedicated reviews. 

So here are a few hits and misses for the month of April 

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream

I dare not step out EVER without a hand cream. Especially since the Dubai summers are back in full fledge. Caudalie products rarely let you down and this one is no exception. Smooth texture, non greasy, good moisturizer and smells divine ( of orange Pulp). That pretty much ticks all check boxes for a decent hand cream. Moisturizes your skin for a decent  2 - 3 hours. And if you are a non middle east resident am sure it will last way longer for you.

Price $25 for 75ml
Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk

I always wanted to try the much raved about Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk. The beauty world went all gaga about it and i evidently did fall for it too. The texture is ah - mazing. Waayyyy smoother and velvety compared to YSL Youth Liberator.

This foundation though reads Luminous silk, doesn't give a tooo dewy look. Which i really like at the moment. Just my kind. Best described it appears like skin. My skin looks very natural but better and brighter.

Offering medium to low coverage. It lasts decently long. No smearing around the eyes or lids. Packaging is lush, the kind worthy of displaying on your dresser! The product is expensive but in line with peers like Chanel, YSL, Dior. Price $68

Kiehl's Skin Rescuer

I had high expectation for this moisturizer from Kiehl's. Gave it a good 2 weeks to show some kinda miracle! The product promises to banish any signs of fatigue or stress plus redness! Promising but fail to impress.

It did absolutely nothing to reduce my dry patches or redness around my nose. And my face looked pretty much the same every morning. The major downside being the texture. Greasy all the way. My skin felt extremely sticky after application. Yuck!

Used this product before?? Let me know if as worked otherwise for you....

Price $40

Let me know if you like the new format and would love to see more of it....

Am holding a giveaway on my Instagram - 6 month free subscription to Glam Box (UAE & KSA residents only) 

Love




8 comments:

  1. I'm also in love with the Giorgio Armani foundation - my only sadness is that I will HAVE to repurchase when the bottle eventually runs out lol!

    Jazzie x
    miniinstilettos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame about the skin rescuer! I had been eyeing that up. Oh well, at least it saves the pennies!

    www.gingernroses.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O that's sad! you can buy a way better moisturizer for this price..
      Infact Kiehls Ultra Face cream is very good ..

      Delete
  3. I loved the new format keep going Fathooom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey my id is karii.colabawalla@gmail.com
    Bdw ur blog is way different and fresh♡
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the new format and in love with Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream it's citrus-y and fresh smell is really amazing.Email id :faiza_saud@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment...they make me a happy lil bunny!

FOLLOWERS